Thursday, April 14, 2011

2 days Post Op!



I made it through surgery with no issues whatsoever! Whoop! I do believe it was a textbook banding! Left the hospital Wednesday morning around 10:30 feeling pretty tired, but otherwise okay.

Today I'm still dealing with post surgical gas! My shoulder is killing me!  I knew it was a possibility, nearly everyone I've talked to and every story I've read talks about that gas, but it still surprises me how much it actually hurts that shoulder.  And it's not the kind of gas you can pass either.. it just sort of sits there.. in my shoulder.. and taunts me!

I can't say that I've been very hungry since my surgery.  Just a little tummy grumbling last night, and again this afternoon.. so my body was telling me to feed it, but I didn't really feel that hungry.  I have entertained my kids and friends with tales of my tiny little 1oz cup servings for sure! I've survived on a little bit of broth and a little bit of orange jello.. and lots of water. Tomorrow I start my "Pour off the spoon" diet of any type of food that will - you guessed it- pour off a spoon.  Baby Addlee and I will have a grand buffet of baby fruit to choose from for breakfast in the morning!  She's pretty sure I'll be just fine for the week on Gerber deliciousness!  I've also got some soup in the line up and hopefully I'll actually have an appetite so I can attempt to enjoy it.

I've gotten plenty of sleep in the last 24 hours, and hopefully by Sunday I'll be feeling mostly normal and ready to hit the gym.  I won't be over-doing it for awhile, and unfortunately I won't be swimming for three weeks until my boo boos heal.  My grandsons like to check out the boo boos every few hours.  I'm pretty sure they're convinced I'm a superhero with my cuts and staples! I won't be telling them any different!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 7.4 pounds since surgery.  I wasn't required to do a pre-op diet other than the day of clear liquids and "special fluids!" so my losses are calculated from surgery on out.

A bit of good news and something to be looking forward to:  I booked my flight today for my beach trip at the end of June!  It's going to be a sugar sand, laugh fest of girls for a week in Gulf Shores, AL.  72 days and I'm beach bound!  Time to come up with a weight loss goal for then I'm thinkin!

That's my reality for today... thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Hair Candy By Mandy said...

Woohoo way to go girl!! So excited to read about ur journey!!:)
-mandy-

Unknown said...

I am soooo excited for you...I cant wait to see how you change!! I just may have to crash your beach party!!