Sunday, February 12, 2012

A lot can happen in 10 months!

Today it has been 10 months since I started this journey to find my other butt!  Ten months have gone by so fast, and so much has happened, I don't know where to begin.  So I will try to be brief, and let a couple of photos speak the volumes that I have to say!

I am down more than 130 pounds, and I've honestly lost track of how many sizes.  Let's see.. I'm wearing a size 28 waist  jeans now.. not sure how that translates but I'm guessing it's a size 8, maybe 7.   I only have 1 pair of jeans that fits perfectly right now, the rest get held up with a belt!  I'm okay with that for awhile.  I wear a size large shirt.. sometimes a medium, depending on style.  The girls have begun to shrink.  And I must say, on that note, to be careful what you wish for.. I now have pancake boobs... or darn close to pancakes anyway, and bra style is EVERYTHING!! hehe!

Most of my shoes are big on me now which is something that still surprises me ten months later, because I never thought of how fat my feet used to be.  I may have mentioned in an earlier post how much my wardrobe has increased because I now have three closets to choose from instead of just one.. definitely a bonus! 

I continue to be unrecognizable to lots of people.  I still find it entertaining, and funny!  When I look at old pictures of myself, I'm stunned, and can't believe the difference... so I completely understand how people who I don't see very often have no idea who I am!! 

My life has changed in all of the ways you might have guessed, and in many ways that I never would have expected.  I am understanding even more why lap-banders are required to go through a psychiatric evaluation before they can be approved for surgery.  Such huge life-changing things happening inside of such a relatively small space in time could truly send a person spinning off into nutzoid land.  I think I'm doing pretty well at keeping my distance from said nutzoid land most of the time, but others may disagree!  

Here's a couple of photos taken this morning by my daughter-in-law who had me laughing hard the whole time! 
I have to say I still look at photos and think I look a little fat.  I guess I'll always have issues.  A friend of mine reminded me this morning that the camera adds ten pounds so maybe I should just go with that!  I'm not done yet, but getting very close!

  It's after 3am and I can't remember the  other things I was going to write, so I'll just call this good!
Thanks for stopping by!
Oh.. and NO I didn't dye my hair red!  The lighting kinda makes the natural red in my hair shine in these pics though huh?! 

1 comment:

Michelle H. said...

Holy crap...you look amazing!. I can't believe you are down 130 lbs already. I am so jealous!!ourio